Scott Davies Tree Surgery have been providing high quality tree care services in Manchester, Bolton, Wigan, and the surrounding areas since the 1990s. We’ve built up a strong reputation for providing our customers with honest, reliable advice, and first rate tree surgery services.
What is tree surgery?
Tree surgery is the practice of managing trees, shrubs, and hedges to ensure that they are kept in a safe condition. When left to their own devices and not properly cared for, trees and shrubs can get a little out of control and may become hazardous.
As leading tree surgeons we will come out and assess the situation before deciding on the best course of action for your tree. It may just be that it needs pruning to make it safer to be around, but in some cases the tree will need to be felled.
Why choose Scott Davies?
We’ve been looking after trees, shrubs, and hedges for domestic and commercial customers for a great many years now and have built up a fantastic reputation. All of our operatives are fully trained and qualified in a variety of different pruning and felling methods:
- Crown thinning – smaller branches are removed to thin the crown and reduce the weight and wind resistance of the tree, as well as letting more light pass through it
- Crown lifting – the lower branches are carefully removed to increase the amount of light passing through the tree
- Crown deadwooding – branches naturally die off for many reasons, but take a while to decay, so removing them early keeps the tree safe
- Crown reductions – the height of the tree is reduced in order to reduce shading and loss of light, making the tree more suited to its immediate environment
- Directional felling – a wedge is removed from the bottom of the tree, bringing it down safely in one piece
- Sectional dismantling – where space is restricted, the tree is carefully dismantled and brought down piece by piece
For further information and advice on how to care for your trees then please don’t hesitate to contact us and we’ll be happy to help.